Let’s not go further down the history lane – we were all about searching for our destinations with a roadmap in our hands, guiding our friend as they drove us for a road trip to "nowhere."
The directions, the fancy maps, the handbooks, and whatnot – one had to plan and take a lot of things under consideration when it came to simply navigate a place before the start of the millennium.
Things have pretty much changed with the revolution digitalization has brought in today’s world.
Replace the need for unfolding multiple maps with a few clicks and swipes for a roadmap on your mobile screen. With the help of a geo-navigation system applied on a GPS basis, any device with the technology is able to show you the locations so you can easily navigate through the roads and the streets. Forget about keeping track of your location; the roadmap through the digitalization system is able to better help you to mark your route and note the distance covered, so you don't lose the direction easily.
A map on the digital forum would help you to navigate through complicated routes easily without making you lose track of your current location. That means the GPS would enable you to get to any place you want to go to by placing the name of the location in the search bar, and with an app having the feature, you would be able to have a track of your concerned locations depending upon the data you provide, and you also have your location history all in store for you.
Imagine a map that would also enlist the image, features, and some highlighted info about the spots marked on it so you had a better idea and could discover places in a better way. These are referred to as data analytics in the tech-savvy world. It actually means you get to have all the details on your screen as you want to discover about a certain place. For example, if we consider an innovative tech, let’s say, Augmented Reality, it would be quite thrilling to know one would just point at a building with their mobile screens and get all the details about it on their screens. That is just another example of how one can get facilitated by digitalization as it has replaced the conventional ways of figuring about a certain place.
When you have a Content Management System or an app to check out information like that, you are better able to view places related to your interest and concern, and you can have all the details saved on your phone. This means there needs no extra component you need to carry around with you. All you need is an internet connection (for route navigation through some apps, you don't even need that!) and, of course, a phone that works.
With calculators, fitness apps, and different other
basic amenities available in your mobile phones, having a list of important contact details, their routes and info saved in your phone have to be accessible as well – look for apps integrated with the right features and the CMS (Content Management System) that help you keep a logbook of such important information saved in your phone. That way, you are able to keep track of the important details without having to keep separate notes around you. Moreover, having certain info about places with their routes mentioned helps you to manage details in an even better way.
Digitalization – Changing the Way we Travel
Gone are the days when you had to keep a separate diary for noting down the details of everything. Another aspect that comes is the way how our data remains secure as we rely on our phones instead of just noting down on a piece of paper that is accessible to everyone. With an app that has a feature integrated into it like this one, this becomes even more secure as it helps us to keep track of all things with our important information saved in the app.
Now, consider all these options available in a single platform – that would surely make the traveling experience for people a much convenient one – integrated with the GIS system, latest technological features, and the amazing add-ons that provide the public with the amazing opportunity to navigate through different locations, some of the apps come as a complete package – one can say, your virtual travel guide all in one.
This is where GeoGuide comes to innovate the field.
- Represent your Area Based on the Map – the GeoGuide is based on your area's geography. All of the whereabouts in the textual form is actually made digital and are integrated into the GeoGuide app.
- Discover New Places – tell something new and add some new locations, improve the stories using catchy details that you would remember – audio, video, images, and text.
- Route Tour – draw a map route, or you can simply upload a GPX file for visualizing the route depending upon the means of the transport. Now, you can add the location to the route and have the amazing experience that you want.
- Offline Map – lost the internet connection? Don’t worry. You can integrate a map that works offline so the app would work 100% even when you are out of your data connection or WiFi.
- Contact Info and Amenities - You can also add amenities and other important details such as contact information as you use the app. You can indicate the accessibility for the parking, accommodation, toilets, and other such facilities as you travel.
- Purchasing Add-ons – the app also enables you to get different add-ons (additional features) – if you are a business owner and want to make your site look more customized through the help of a web map, you can set up certain events, quiz your users, and more.
To sum it up, digitalization has surely changed the way we perceive navigating routes and discovering places, and the convenience that comes with it is much more than it is stated